Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Herbs & Salad in the polytunnel






I've overwintered some herbs in pots and re potted them as they have outgrown their containers. Also shown is newly sown salad (with sand to deter any rogue slugs that might have got in). The advantage of growing in containers is that they can be moved out the damn way when the tomatoes, peppers and chillis go in later.

I have a nice old book by Percy Thrower where he wages chemical warfare on a variety of pests. Never without a shirt & tie, Percy gave a certain gentlemanly air to gardening. I remember him on Gardener's World when I was a kid, my parents being big fans.

Tea Up!


My daughter & helper Roisin had a great idea the other day in the poly. Why not bring the camping stove & kettle into the poly for a nice cup of tea? We duly did so and the tea tasted great! Although we didn't get to go camping last year we can at least enjoy the best part of it - tea under cover! Does it get any better than this? I don't think so..

No comments:

Post a Comment